Sunday 10 November 2013

Self Expression


This is a page I've made for a challenge on Daisytrail. The original image of the girl is from Canstock. I rarely do stuff that isn't using my own (or Matt's) photos as my digital scrapbooking is first and foremost a personal record of mine and my family's life.
However, occasionally I like to simply create something a bit different. When I need an image, I always use Canstock Photos - an online image library. You do pay a small fee for each image, but once purchased I can use it as often as I like and don't have to worry about copyright.

Anyway, I cut out the girl and applied metropolis effect, using the sliders until I reached the subtleness I was after. Then I converted the image to B&W. The BG is a blend of the original photo and a wall effect from Ancestral Tree - a kit by Daisytrail. Oh and the girl also has a shadow added to lift her off the page a little.
The writing, hearts and kisses are simply achieved by adding a stamping effect. Then I added paint splats and voila, this was the end result! 


Used elements from Daisytrail and Amy Wolff x

No comments:

Post a Comment